May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Man says he was nearly hit by bullets flying over the Merrimack
MERRIMACK — Two local men are accused of firing shots across the Merrimack River, nearly hitting a Hudson man who was metal detecting on the riverbank in Litchfield.
Jonathan M. Chaput, 32, of 5C Woodbury St., and Brandon Gallant, 27, of 4A Woodbury St., are each charged with one count of reckless conduct, a class B felony.
The incident happened just before 3 p.m. at the Griffin Street boat ramp.
According to a news release, the men were shooting several weapons — a handgun and two long guns — in the direction of the man with the metal detector who was on the opposite side of the river. Police said Chaput had been drinking.
The Hudson man told police he was nearly hit by what appeared to be stray bird shot and heavier caliber bullets coming through the trees along the river.
What’s next: Both Chaput and Gallant will be arraigned Nov. 6 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 2
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 2
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire
Berlin man dies while kayaking
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424