Power Poll: Exeter stands alone
NHIAA football Power Poll: Shuffle continues, thanks to Div. II, III
By the narrowest of margins, Exeter has regained its place atop the state high school football rankings.
Tied with Pinkerton Academy of Derry after Week 7, Exeter, which entered the season ranked No. 1 and held the spot through the first three weeks, received five of eight first-place votes and 76 of a possible 80 points in this week's New Hampshire Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll.
Pinkerton is second, with 75 points, having received three first-place votes. Both of the top two teams are 7-1.
Pinkerton's lone loss was to Exeter, 24-20, in the season's second week. Exeter lost to Winnacunnet of Hampton, 27-24 in Week 4.
Winnacunnet (also 7-1), which dropped to No. 3 last week after suffering its first loss of the season, slipped to fourth after a 7-0 victory over Timberlane Regional of Plaistow. Bedford (6-1) moved up a spot to No. 3 despite having last week off.
Rounding out the top 10 are Bishop Guertin of Nashua (fifth, 5-2), Nashua South (sixth, 5-3), Souhegan of Amherst (seventh, 7-1), Keene (eighth, 6-2), Plymouth (ninth, 8-0) and Manchester Central (10th, 5-3).
Eight of the top 10 teams are classified as Division I or Division II. Souhegan (Division III) and Plymouth (Division IV) are the mid-sized schools in the poll.
Two other mid-sized schools, Division III Plymouth (6-1) and Division IV Trinity (7-1) also received votes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840