May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester police investigate attempted robbery at downtown motel
MANCHESTER — A man with a knife tried to rob a 50-year-old man residing at the Cadillac Motel, police said.
The incident happened Monday about 8:20 p.m. at the 502 Chestnut St. motel.
The man told police he was heading to the north door of the motel when he was confronted by a man brandishing a “shiny switchblade knife” and who demanded his cash.
He told the robber he didn’t have any money, but the robber still demanded his wallet, police said.
At that point, the man took an “aggressive stance against the suspect,” who fled, according to a news release. Lt. Maureen Tessier explained that the man squared off at the robber, letting him know he wasn’t going to be an easy target.
The armed man is described as a white man, 18 to 20 years old, about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 and weighing 140 to 150 pounds. He was dressed in black and wore a baseball cap, color unknown. He also was wearing a black backpack.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 1
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 26
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424