May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Manchester police investigate attempted robbery at downtown motel
MANCHESTER — A man with a knife tried to rob a 50-year-old man residing at the Cadillac Motel, police said.
The incident happened Monday about 8:20 p.m. at the 502 Chestnut St. motel.
The man told police he was heading to the north door of the motel when he was confronted by a man brandishing a “shiny switchblade knife” and who demanded his cash.
He told the robber he didn’t have any money, but the robber still demanded his wallet, police said.
At that point, the man took an “aggressive stance against the suspect,” who fled, according to a news release. Lt. Maureen Tessier explained that the man squared off at the robber, letting him know he wasn’t going to be an easy target.
The armed man is described as a white man, 18 to 20 years old, about 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 and weighing 140 to 150 pounds. He was dressed in black and wore a baseball cap, color unknown. He also was wearing a black backpack.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 0
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 0
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All eyes on House as casino vote nears - 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 0
- Official says NH abortion sites need state scrutiny - 0
- Chechen decries Boston attack - 0
- Heroin use, deaths spike in New Hampshire - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424