Home » News » Public Safety
Chester man seriously injured in Auburn crash
A CHESTER MAN was airlifted to a Boston hospital after being seriously injured Monday night when he crashed his truck on Route 121 (Chester Road) in Auburn./COURTESY AUBURN FIRE DEPARTMENT
Chester man injured in Auburn crash dies
AUBURN - A 47-year-old Chester man was airlifted to a Boston hospital Monday night after he rolled his truck on Route 121 (Chester Road), police said.
William Johnston was in the intensive care unit Tuesday morning at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, according to Sgt. Chip Chabot.
The accident happened just before 9:30 p.m. near 278 Chester Road. Johnston was traveling south when he lost control of his GMC 2500 series truck, which rolled over.
Johnston was thrown from the truck and emergency workers found him lying in the road suffering from serious head and upper body trauma, according to Fire Chief Bruce Phillips.
A Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team helicopter landed at the Auburn Village School to take Johnston to the Boston hospital.
Chabot said the crash remains under investigation, and police are trying to determine if speed was a factor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs