Home » News » Public Safety
3-alarm fire contained at Bedford home
A three-alarm fire Tuesday morning in Bedford at 30 Ledgewood Road brought out firefighters from several surrounding communities. DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER
Firefighters battle a three-alarm fire Tuesday morning in Bedford at 30 Ledgewood Road. DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER
3-alarm fire destroys Bedford home
BEDFORD — A three-alarm fire ripped through a large Bedford home this morning shortly before 11 a.m., bringing firefighters from several surrounding communities.
The address was listed as 30 Ledgewood Road, which sits off Jenkins Road near Hannaford supermarket. The home is listed in property tax records as owned by Matthew J. and Deborah A. Currier.
No injuries were reported, and the fire was knocked down in about 50 minutes. Officials at the scene said the fire was called in by an off-duty firefighter, who saw smoke while driving on Route 101. When firefighters arrived, the house was fully involved.
Officials said no one was home at the time of the fire.
More details as they become available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 6
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs