Home » News » Public Safety
3-alarm fire contained at Bedford home
A three-alarm fire Tuesday morning in Bedford at 30 Ledgewood Road brought out firefighters from several surrounding communities. DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER
BEDFORD — A three-alarm fire ripped through a large Bedford home this morning shortly before 11 a.m., bringing firefighters from several surrounding communities.
The address was listed as 30 Ledgewood Road, which sits off Jenkins Road near Hannaford supermarket. The home is listed in property tax records as owned by Matthew J. and Deborah A. Currier.
No injuries were reported, and the fire was knocked down in about 50 minutes. Officials at the scene said the fire was called in by an off-duty firefighter, who saw smoke while driving on Route 101. When firefighters arrived, the house was fully involved.
Officials said no one was home at the time of the fire.
More details as they become available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072