Home » Sports » College Sports
College sports roundup: Plymouth St. field hockey team tips St. Joseph's
Jackie Morin blasted home the tie-breaker with five minutes remaining, and Plymouth State University came from behind to defeat Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, 2-1, in non-conference field hockey action at Plymouth’s Arold Field on Wednesday. Lauren Carroll of Rollinsford played a role in both PSU goals, scoring the first tally and setting up Morin on the game winner.
The Panthers improve to 10-5 overall while SJC dropped to 9-7.
Goalie Hilary Lemelin of Milan made five saves to earn the win in the Plymouth State goal.
LIU-Post 1, SNHU 0: At Brookville, N.Y., an early goal by Susanne Vistnes held up as No. 4 Long Island University Post won a battle at Blitz Field. Southern New Hampshire University keeper Maggie Weldon of Manchester got a hand on the winning shot, which deflected into the net for the winner. LIU-Post improved to 14-1-2 overall, while the Penmen now stand 9-5-3 on the season. Southern New Hampshire held a 16-7 shot advantage.
Newbury 5, Daniel Webster 0: At Nashua, Newbury College outshot the Eagles by a 13-1 margin on a night Daniel Webster seniors Amanda Wilson of Merrimack, Ema Donlagic of Belmont and Sabrina Dluznieski of Auburn, Mass., were honored. DWC dropped to 1-12 overall and 0-8 in the NECC.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?