Athletic field rededication Saturday in Franklin
FRANKLIN — The Staff Sgt. Roger S. Martin Field at Franklin High School will be rededicated at half time of Saturday’s football game between Franklin and Bishop Brady.
David Jewett, chairman of VFW Post 1698, said the ceremony is expected to take place about 2:30 p.m.
The field is named for a Franklin man reported missing in action in the South Pacific in World War II.
Jewett said there will be free parking at both the VFW and the Elks Lodge on Central Street.
A shuttle bus will take people to the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
To get away, they come to NH
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides