Athletic field rededication Saturday in Franklin
FRANKLIN — The Staff Sgt. Roger S. Martin Field at Franklin High School will be rededicated at half time of Saturday’s football game between Franklin and Bishop Brady.
David Jewett, chairman of VFW Post 1698, said the ceremony is expected to take place about 2:30 p.m.
The field is named for a Franklin man reported missing in action in the South Pacific in World War II.
Jewett said there will be free parking at both the VFW and the Elks Lodge on Central Street.
A shuttle bus will take people to the field.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs