Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester man arrested for cutting railroad wires
MANCHESTER — A city man is accused of cutting copper wiring from a relay switch controlling the railroad crossing gates at the intersection of North Commercial and Canal streets.
The incident happened about 7 pm. Tuesday. Police said the gates were in a down position when officers arrived and located a suspect, identified as Matthew Cormier, 28, of 329 Amherst St., walking on the tracks just north of Commercial Street.
A witness told police they saw a man cutting the wires from equipment associated with the railroad tracks. A Pan Am Railways engineer also arrived at the scene. He said the wires, which Cormier allegedly had on him, were “copper relay bonds,” cut from the relay switch that caused the gates to come down across the intersection, causing a slight traffic backup.
Cormier is charged with criminal mischief and theft.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 1
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 3
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424