May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester man arrested for cutting railroad wires
MANCHESTER — A city man is accused of cutting copper wiring from a relay switch controlling the railroad crossing gates at the intersection of North Commercial and Canal streets.
The incident happened about 7 pm. Tuesday. Police said the gates were in a down position when officers arrived and located a suspect, identified as Matthew Cormier, 28, of 329 Amherst St., walking on the tracks just north of Commercial Street.
A witness told police they saw a man cutting the wires from equipment associated with the railroad tracks. A Pan Am Railways engineer also arrived at the scene. He said the wires, which Cormier allegedly had on him, were “copper relay bonds,” cut from the relay switch that caused the gates to come down across the intersection, causing a slight traffic backup.
Cormier is charged with criminal mischief and theft.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424