Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newport man faces store burglary charge
NEWPORT — A local man is charged with burglary after he was found inside the closed Shop Express Convenience store early Thursday morning, police said.
Alexander Caruso, 19, was arrested inside the 27 Sunapee St. store after police tried for about 45 minutes to coax him out.
Officers went to the store after receiving a burglar alarm at 3 a.m.
Police found a backpack containing tools in the rear, near where the building was entered. Piled next to it were cartons of cigarettes, a cash register and other items taken from the store.
Officers saw a man, later identified as Caruso, inside the store and repeatedly asked him to come out. After waiting about 45 minutes, police entered the store and arrested him.
Store owners told police Caruso is a frequent customer.
Damage to the store was minimal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424