In this weekend's Sunday News
President Obama will be campaigning in Nashua on Saturday. It will be his sixth trip to New Hampshire this year, underscoring the importance of state voters in next month's election. We'll be there to bring you comprehensive coverage of the President's visit.
The ride's the thing
Done right, traveling via Amtrak in a private room can be like taking an ocean cruise, complete with meals and pleasant scenery. Be advised, however: You can't approach train travel with a hurry-up attitude. With that in mind, time-pressed travelers might choose to avoid Amtrak's Coast Starlight because it doesn't always arrive on time.
Parade magazine: Bewitching fun
The stylish sister of England's future queen offers tricks and treats for a royally spooky holiday. And what's your White House IQ? As the 2012 election draws near, try your hand at these questions to see how much you know about the American Presidents.
It's peak season for the fall high school sports tournaments, and no one has the state covered like the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. Turn to our Sports section daily for a comprehensive tournament scoreboard and more extensive coverage of the NHIAA tournaments than you'll find anywhere else in the state.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus