Home » News » Public Safety
Three hospitalized after Guard vehicle crash
CHICHESTER - Three people remain hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries after a New Hampshire National Guard Humvee collided with an RV on Route 28 Sunday, police said.
Police Chief Patrick Clarke said the crash happened when the Humvee, driven by Specialist Brendan Hatch, 22, of Wentworth, pulled out from Main Street onto Route 28 North, and collided with an RV being driven south on Route 28 by Peter Withan, 48, of Barnstead.
Clarke said it took about an hour to extricate Withan from the wreckage. He said both drivers suffered serious, but not life-threatening injuries. They and Withan's passenger, Debbi Leppanen, 54, of Barnstead were all taken to Concord Hospital where they remain hospitalized Monday, according to Clarke.
Major Gregory Heilshorn said WiIthan is in stable condition in the intensive care unit.
The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
License revocations for DWI announced