Home » News » Public Safety
Afternoon Manchester fire displaces 14
MANCHESTER -- Firefighters were at a triple decker at 45 Schuyler St. on the city's West Side Tuesday afternoon where arriving units saw smoke coming from the second and third floors.
Reports from the scene indicated that all three units were uninhabitable, and 14 people, including five children, were displaced. The Red Cross was called to assist the residents with other accommodations.
A fire official on scene said he believes the fire may be connected to an extermination treatment that was being done for bed bugs.
Drivers were being advised to avoid the area around Schuyler Street and Notre Dame Avenue Tuesday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time