Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Londonderry to open shelter Wednesday at 4 p.m.
LONDONDERRY - The town of Londonderry will open its emergency shelter for residents starting Oct. 31 at 4 p.m.
The public shelter, held inside the Londonderry High School gymnasium, will be open daily, as needed, from 4 to 9 p.m. for residents to use shower facilities as needed. Those who stop by for showers are asked to bring their own towels and toiletries.
Police Chief Bill Hart reminded residents that the facilities are also being used by high school students at the same time, and to be courteous of others.
Hart said the need for the facilities will be re-evaluated daily as more and more households get their power restored.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 20
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?