Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Londonderry to open shelter Wednesday at 4 p.m.
LONDONDERRY - The town of Londonderry will open its emergency shelter for residents starting Oct. 31 at 4 p.m.
The public shelter, held inside the Londonderry High School gymnasium, will be open daily, as needed, from 4 to 9 p.m. for residents to use shower facilities as needed. Those who stop by for showers are asked to bring their own towels and toiletries.
Police Chief Bill Hart reminded residents that the facilities are also being used by high school students at the same time, and to be courteous of others.
Hart said the need for the facilities will be re-evaluated daily as more and more households get their power restored.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Physician reprimanded after baby’s brain damaged in delivery - 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death