Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Belmont fire department roof damaged
BELMONT – Firefighters had their own emergency to deal with as Hurricane Sandy hit Monday night, as part of the fire department's metal roof flipped over.
At about 8 p.m., members of the fire department were sitting at a table when they heard a loud noise, said Fire Chief David Parenti.
“It was exciting at first, we didn't know what was going on,” he said.
A gust of wind had flipped a metal roofing section to one side. There was no serious damage caused to the building aside from some minor leaking. The roof was repaired Tuesday morning, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite State group proposes student-centered learning - 0
- Zakahi named provost, VP of academic affairs at Keene State - 0
- Pinkerton graduate, author returns to give academic advice to students - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 4
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition - 5
- Manchester Cub Scout robotics team making plans for world championship - 1
- Claremont high school to add security cameras - 0
- Stevens High's new principal will start July 1 - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man at center of Seabrook brutality case convicted of burglary - 0
- NH trooper refuses to be called hero - 0
- Court case could determine 'basic' phone service - 0
- Dartmouth president calls for end of high-risk behavior - 0
- Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican' - 0
- Francestown man hopes to join exclusive Boston club - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: '3-G' may go, but 'Memories 2' is coming - 0
- The courage of Boston: The courage of America - 0
- Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas - 0
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
CDFA names Caswell new director
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'