Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Bass backs Lynch in request for federal disaster declaration
CONCORD - Congressman Charles F. Bass, R-N.H., said Tuesday he strongly supports Gov. John Lynch's request for a federal disaster declaration for all 10 counties in New Hampshire as a result of Hurricane Sandy.
"The worst of the storm has passed, but more than 200,000 Granite Staters remain without power, many roads across the state are impassable, and trees are downed everywhere," Bass said in a prepared statement. "I strongly support Gov. Lynch's federal disaster declaration request to help recover from this storm and stand ready to support the state's application in any way that I can. A federal disaster declaration will help local communities across the state with the rebuilding process."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 1
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans