Tickets are on sale for Santa Fund fundraiser luncheon set for Nov. 16
MANCHESTER - The annual Santa Fund lunch for the Salvation Army, Nov. 16, at the Radisson Hotel, is the kickoff for the project that enables hundreds of children to experience the wonder of Christmas through toys and special holiday meals.
The New Hampshire Union Leader Santa Fund for the Salvation Army also provides warm clothing for children, holiday meals for seniors, small gifts for people in nursing homes, and a week away at camp in the summer for youngsters.
Those who attend the luncheon will have an opportunity to get a headstart on their own Christmas shopping thanks to a silent auction on numerous gift baskets from companies, organizations and groups. Bidding is usually spirited on the baskets filled with items based on a theme. Previous year's baskets included a home movie night with movies, candy and popcorn, and a ski basket including lift tickets, hot chocolate and hand warmers, and an Italian dinner basket that included all the necessary ingredients.
The doors open at 11 a.m. so people can begin bidding, and the program will begin at noon sharp.
This year's program will provide an opportunity to meet the new lieutenants, Herb and Miriam Rader, and see a video put together by Herb Rader.
The Raders were posted to the Manchester Corps in August, coming from New London, Conn.
Gov. John Lynch and Mayor Ted Gatsas will be among the speakers, who will also include a person who has benefitted from the Santa Fund and the services of the Salvation Army.
For more than 50 years, the Union Leader Santa Fund for the Salvation Army has depended on the generosity of the public in order to help those in need. There is never a goal set.
For tickets, $35 per person or $325 for a table of 10, call Shannon Sullivan, community relations manager at 206-7833, or email at email@example.com.
Or go online to UnionLeader.com/SantaFund to purchase tickets by Nov. 7.
How to donate
Santa Fund donations can be made by completing the online form by clicking "Donate" below or send a check to:
THE SANTA FUND
You can also drop off the printed form in our newspaper and a donation in the Santa Fund box at the Union Leader, 100 William Loeb Drive in Manchester from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will also have a donation drop box at the Intown Manchester Holiday Market on Thursday, November 29 and every Thursday in December.
Share a holiday greeting
With your donation, the Union Leader will publish a short holiday message in the newspaper. Just write it up exactly as you would have it appear, printing clearly, and mail it along with your donation. If you prefer to donate online, follow the link on the page following the transaction to submit a Christmas message.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus