Home » News » Public Safety
State agrees to hearing delay on CMC nurse's license status
CONCORD - A hearing into the license status of a hospital nurse, who reportedly admitted to ending the life of a suffering relative, has been postponed, state officials said.
Earlier this week, the New Hampshire Board of Nursing accepted a request by Catherine George's lawyer to continue a hearing, scheduled for today, into the emergency suspension of her nursing license. The Board suspended her license last week, several days after she told Derry police she gave her brother-in-law, George Percival, massive amounts of insulin, which caused his death. He was suffering from cancer.
"My heart goes out to her," said Maryellen Biletch, a Manchester lawyer recently retained by George. She said her client is a devoted nurse, caring person and single mom.
Biletch said she asked for a continuance so she could gather more information for the hearing. She also said she hopes George's employer, Catholic Medical Center, holds off on a decision about her employment until the matter is complete. Last week, CMC said it had suspended George from employment.
Homicide prosecutors have said a criminal investigation is under way. No charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty