Special Mass at St. Joseph today celebrates donors
MANCHESTER - Bishop Peter Libasci will celebrate a special recognition Mass for donors to New Hampshire Catholic Charities at 5:30 p.m. today at St. Joseph Cathedral, 145 Lowell St.
Light refreshments will be served after the Mass.
The annual recognition acknowledges donors who have supported New Hampshire Catholic Charities programs and transformed the lives of their neighbors.
With 10 district offices throughout the state, New Hampshire Catholic Charities runs programs such as the St. Charles Children's Home, the New Hampshire Food Bank, professional counseling, adoption and maternity services, immigration legal assistance, and community outreach.
Over 90 percent of every donated dollar goes directly to support New Hampshire Catholic Charities essential programs and services.
For more information on New Hampshire Catholic Charities, visit nh-cc.org.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Fergus Cullen: Is Rand Paul peaking too early? (That’s a joke, people) - 12
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Another View: A voter ID compromise with which we all can live - 15
- George Will: The NLRB’s school-door stand - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents