Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man charged with shaking baby, threatening woman who took infant to police
CONCORD - A Grafton County man has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend's 3-month-old daughter and threatening to kill a woman who took the baby to police.
Joshua Hutchins, 22, of Thornton, was arraigned Friday in Concord District Court on charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening, endangering the welfare of a child and one count of simple assault.
Concord Police Sgt. Timothy O'Malley said a witness reported seeing Hutchins violently shake the baby on Wednesday in Penacook. The woman then took the baby to Concord police and along the way said she received a call from Hutchins, who threatened to stab her. Police said Hutchins called the witness again, this time threatening to grab the baby and kill the woman.
O'Malley said the witness was not the baby's mother, whom officers learned had been assaulted by Hutchins on Tuesday.
The baby was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was still being evaluated on Friday, O'Malley said.
Hutchins was being held $30,000 cash-only bail and ordered not to have any contact with the baby, her mother or any witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424