May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Man charged with shaking baby, threatening woman who took infant to police
CONCORD - A Grafton County man has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend's 3-month-old daughter and threatening to kill a woman who took the baby to police.
Joshua Hutchins, 22, of Thornton, was arraigned Friday in Concord District Court on charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening, endangering the welfare of a child and one count of simple assault.
Concord Police Sgt. Timothy O'Malley said a witness reported seeing Hutchins violently shake the baby on Wednesday in Penacook. The woman then took the baby to Concord police and along the way said she received a call from Hutchins, who threatened to stab her. Police said Hutchins called the witness again, this time threatening to grab the baby and kill the woman.
O'Malley said the witness was not the baby's mother, whom officers learned had been assaulted by Hutchins on Tuesday.
The baby was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was still being evaluated on Friday, O'Malley said.
Hutchins was being held $30,000 cash-only bail and ordered not to have any contact with the baby, her mother or any witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 32
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 6
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 9
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 3
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424