Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man charged with shaking baby, threatening woman who took infant to police
CONCORD - A Grafton County man has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend's 3-month-old daughter and threatening to kill a woman who took the baby to police.
Joshua Hutchins, 22, of Thornton, was arraigned Friday in Concord District Court on charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening, endangering the welfare of a child and one count of simple assault.
Concord Police Sgt. Timothy O'Malley said a witness reported seeing Hutchins violently shake the baby on Wednesday in Penacook. The woman then took the baby to Concord police and along the way said she received a call from Hutchins, who threatened to stab her. Police said Hutchins called the witness again, this time threatening to grab the baby and kill the woman.
O'Malley said the witness was not the baby's mother, whom officers learned had been assaulted by Hutchins on Tuesday.
The baby was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was still being evaluated on Friday, O'Malley said.
Hutchins was being held $30,000 cash-only bail and ordered not to have any contact with the baby, her mother or any witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917