May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man charged with shaking baby, threatening woman who took infant to police
CONCORD - A Grafton County man has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend's 3-month-old daughter and threatening to kill a woman who took the baby to police.
Joshua Hutchins, 22, of Thornton, was arraigned Friday in Concord District Court on charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening, endangering the welfare of a child and one count of simple assault.
Concord Police Sgt. Timothy O'Malley said a witness reported seeing Hutchins violently shake the baby on Wednesday in Penacook. The woman then took the baby to Concord police and along the way said she received a call from Hutchins, who threatened to stab her. Police said Hutchins called the witness again, this time threatening to grab the baby and kill the woman.
O'Malley said the witness was not the baby's mother, whom officers learned had been assaulted by Hutchins on Tuesday.
The baby was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was still being evaluated on Friday, O'Malley said.
Hutchins was being held $30,000 cash-only bail and ordered not to have any contact with the baby, her mother or any witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424