Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man charged with shaking baby, threatening woman who took infant to police
CONCORD - A Grafton County man has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend's 3-month-old daughter and threatening to kill a woman who took the baby to police.
Joshua Hutchins, 22, of Thornton, was arraigned Friday in Concord District Court on charges of second-degree assault, criminal threatening, endangering the welfare of a child and one count of simple assault.
Concord Police Sgt. Timothy O'Malley said a witness reported seeing Hutchins violently shake the baby on Wednesday in Penacook. The woman then took the baby to Concord police and along the way said she received a call from Hutchins, who threatened to stab her. Police said Hutchins called the witness again, this time threatening to grab the baby and kill the woman.
O'Malley said the witness was not the baby's mother, whom officers learned had been assaulted by Hutchins on Tuesday.
The baby was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and was still being evaluated on Friday, O'Malley said.
Hutchins was being held $30,000 cash-only bail and ordered not to have any contact with the baby, her mother or any witnesses.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'