All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Crime

Manchester Crimewatch: Two days of violations lands woman in double trouble

November 02. 2012 12:29AM

MANCHESTER - A Hooksett woman accused of going to her ex-boyfriend's Russell Street residence twice in two days after being trespassed by his landlord, damaging his new girlfriend's car and the door frame of his apartment, and having the narcotic Suboxone in her possession, was arraigned Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division.

Cassidy Clayton, 21, of 5 Spruce Court, pleaded innocent to two charges of criminal trespass, two of criminal mischief and one of stalking and trial was set for Jan. 30, 2013. Clayton could enter no plea to the felony narcotic possession charge, so a probable cause hearing was set for Nov. 20.

She is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail with conditions that bar contact with the two alleged victims and bar her from the Russell Street residence.

'Stealing is stealing'

Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Gregory Michael told two Merrimack teens who pleaded guilty in connection with the theft of an $8.50 pair of earrings from a store in the mall: "Stealing is stealing ... It doesn't matter where it's from or who it's from."

Avarie Downs, 18, and John Skula, 19, both of 18 Four Winds Road, were both fined $1,000, with $800 suspended for two years of good behavior and ordered to pay a total of $248, including penalty assessment.

Downs took the earrings and handed them to Skula, who carried them from the store without paying. Michael asked the pair how they would feel if they went home and discovered someone had cleared out their home. Exactly, said Michael, reminding them again that stealing is stealing, from a store or an individual.

Admitted alcohol problem

A Litchfield man pleaded innocent Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of simple assault, theft of services and resisting arrest.

Michael Bain, 38, of 10 Brenton St., is accused of walking out of Baked, 1075 Elm St., Wednesday afternoon without paying his bill after he was refused any more alcohol. Police said the kitchen manager followed Bain outside and Bain punched the man in the stomach.

An officer located Bain, who struggled during the arrest, and had to be transported to the Elliot Hospital for treatment of a forehead laceration.

Police prosecutor Lt. Ron Mello sought a $2,500 cash/surety bail, with a condition requiring Bain to return to the police department to complete the booking process, as well as conditions that he have no contact with the assault victim and not return to Baked. Mello said Bain is under the umbrella of a suspended sentence on a 2012 resisting arrest conviction and has an earlier DWI conviction

Bain, who said his wife works for the VA, asked Judge Gregory Michael for personal recognizance bail. "I have a VA job interview at 2 p.m. today," said Bain.

Bain admitted he has a problem when he drinks, prompting the judge to saying he needs to address the problem through a program.

He set bail at $2,500 personal recognizance, with the conditions requested by the prosecutor, but adding conditions barring any use of alcohol and barring Bain from any bar in Manchester, and requiring attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings three times a week.

"If you don't take steps to deal with this, you'll be right back in here," said Michael, adding that Bain would then sit in jail until his Jan. 7, 2013 trial date.

Crime Manchester

More Headlines

Police use stun gun on man who resisted arrest