In Granite State, power restored, flights on time
At Manchester Regional Airport, airline flight schedules were close to normal by Thursday night, according to spokesman Tom Malafronte. The biggest trouble point for travelers was service to New York's LaGuardia airport, but Malafronte said Delta Airlines resumed its service to New York on Thursday. Some flight delays were reported, however, as carriers worked to get equipment and flight crews in place.
Electrical service was expected to be back to normal throughout the state by early this morning. Public Service of New Hampshire said only isolated outages remained by Thursday evening.
At 12:26 a.m., PSNH posted on its Twitter account: "Under 100 customers remaining out! Crews will keep working until every customer has been restored."
Spokesman Mike Skelton said the company expected that just about all of them would have service restored during the night
Unitil said its electric customers in New Hampshire had electricity restored by Wednesday. The utility, which also provides natural gas service, has dispatched gas crews to other states to assist. National Grid reported all affected customers in its New Hampshire service area had their power restored.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 0
- Fed is in no rush to raise rates; S&P, Nasdaq end higher - 0
- Sturm Ruger shares suffer steepest dip in 5 months as gun sales wane - 0
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Manchester-based refugee group says it's too early to expand to Seacoast - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Market Basket orders employees to return to work - 3
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'