In Granite State, power restored, flights on time
NYC Sandy loss felt in NH
At Manchester Regional Airport, airline flight schedules were close to normal by Thursday night, according to spokesman Tom Malafronte. The biggest trouble point for travelers was service to New York's LaGuardia airport, but Malafronte said Delta Airlines resumed its service to New York on Thursday. Some flight delays were reported, however, as carriers worked to get equipment and flight crews in place.
Electrical service was expected to be back to normal throughout the state by early this morning. Public Service of New Hampshire said only isolated outages remained by Thursday evening.
At 12:26 a.m., PSNH posted on its Twitter account: "Under 100 customers remaining out! Crews will keep working until every customer has been restored."
Spokesman Mike Skelton said the company expected that just about all of them would have service restored during the night
Unitil said its electric customers in New Hampshire had electricity restored by Wednesday. The utility, which also provides natural gas service, has dispatched gas crews to other states to assist. National Grid reported all affected customers in its New Hampshire service area had their power restored.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Heavy rain could bring flooding in areas of NH - 1
- Rain, wind and snow: Epping clan reports it all - 0
- Tropical Storm Andrea forms - 0
- North Country gets back on track after wild weather - 0
- Powerful storms bring damage to Grafton County - 0
- At least 9 dead in new Oklahoma storms - 0
- Mother and baby killed as tornadoes menace Oklahoma City - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 12
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 11
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?