Manchester man shot by young boy while hunting in Auburn
AUBURN - A 48-year-old Manchester man, Mark Maniscalchi, is recovering after being accidentally shot by a 10-year-old while deer hunting, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials.
Maniscalchi was hunting in the Dearborn Road area Saturday morning when he was hit in the forearm with a .22-caliber bullet.
Officials said he was sitting in a ground blind with two young boys, when a 10 year-old boy carrying a .22 caliber handgun inadvertently discharged the firearm inside the blind.
Maniscalchi was able to walk himself out of the woods and drove to the Elliot Hospital in Manchester for treatment and evaluation. After being treated for his wound, Maniscalchi was released from the hospital later in the day.
Following a call from the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office, personnel from the Auburn Police Department and Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded to the hospital and to the scene of the shooting to investigate the incident.
Conservation officers worked through the morning and into the afternoon and were able to identify the specific locations of the shooter and victim, and secured all necessary evidence and information.
Fish and Game officials urge people to practice caution and safety when handling firearms.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair to feature more than 200 craft booths - 0
- Pittsfield Rotary Hot Air Balloon Rally to lift off - 0
- 'New England Cove' on display through August 30 - 0
- Rock-blues band Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes in Hampton - 0
- Chainsaws, Guitars and Laughs - 0
- Antiques Week brings treatures to the table in NH - 0
- The Band Perry to play in Gilford - 0
- 3 Doors Down cranks down the volume with unplugged Seacoast concert - 0
- Actress Kelly Brengelman to portray wife of famed naturalist - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Convicted sex offender faces porn charges
Punch line: The NFL blows it