Home » Opinion » Editorials
Joseph W. McQuaid: Choices are clear -- Lamontagne, Romney
Some people don't pay much attention to elections. They should. The choices to be made Tuesday will have a great effect on our state and nation, not only for us now, but also for our children and grandchildren for decades to come.
It is too often said, but this really is a very important election. Nationally, we will have either four more years of deficit spending and government expansion under President Obama and Joe Biden, or at least the chance of restoring the economy and reining in the government under Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We think the right choice is Romney-Ryan.
Without reservation, here in New Hampshire our choice for governor is Ovide Lamontagne. His opponent is being bankrolled by national leftist elements who want desperately to control this state. They and Maggie Hassan are so desperate that they are using any trick possible to smear attorney Lamontagne.
Their problem is that people in Manchester and throughout New Hampshire, prominent Democrats as well as Republicans, know Lamontagne. Women like Nancy Formella, former head of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, and former House Speaker Donna Sytek, along with state Board of Education members who have served with him, have been outraged by the attacks.
Meanwhile, Lamontagne has kept his cool and focused on the real issues - jobs and the economy - and he is determined to use his business expertise and positive outlook to help New Hampshire out of its fiscal hole and restore its business-friendly advantage. New Hampshire is fortunate that he has stepped forward.
The choices are clear, and important. Please make yours count.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council