Home » Opinion » Editorials
Joseph W. McQuaid: Choices are clear -- Lamontagne, Romney
Some people don't pay much attention to elections. They should. The choices to be made Tuesday will have a great effect on our state and nation, not only for us now, but also for our children and grandchildren for decades to come.
It is too often said, but this really is a very important election. Nationally, we will have either four more years of deficit spending and government expansion under President Obama and Joe Biden, or at least the chance of restoring the economy and reining in the government under Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We think the right choice is Romney-Ryan.
Without reservation, here in New Hampshire our choice for governor is Ovide Lamontagne. His opponent is being bankrolled by national leftist elements who want desperately to control this state. They and Maggie Hassan are so desperate that they are using any trick possible to smear attorney Lamontagne.
Their problem is that people in Manchester and throughout New Hampshire, prominent Democrats as well as Republicans, know Lamontagne. Women like Nancy Formella, former head of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, and former House Speaker Donna Sytek, along with state Board of Education members who have served with him, have been outraged by the attacks.
Meanwhile, Lamontagne has kept his cool and focused on the real issues - jobs and the economy - and he is determined to use his business expertise and positive outlook to help New Hampshire out of its fiscal hole and restore its business-friendly advantage. New Hampshire is fortunate that he has stepped forward.
The choices are clear, and important. Please make yours count.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads