Home » Opinion » Editorials
Joseph W. McQuaid: Choices are clear -- Lamontagne, Romney
Some people don't pay much attention to elections. They should. The choices to be made Tuesday will have a great effect on our state and nation, not only for us now, but also for our children and grandchildren for decades to come.
It is too often said, but this really is a very important election. Nationally, we will have either four more years of deficit spending and government expansion under President Obama and Joe Biden, or at least the chance of restoring the economy and reining in the government under Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We think the right choice is Romney-Ryan.
Without reservation, here in New Hampshire our choice for governor is Ovide Lamontagne. His opponent is being bankrolled by national leftist elements who want desperately to control this state. They and Maggie Hassan are so desperate that they are using any trick possible to smear attorney Lamontagne.
Their problem is that people in Manchester and throughout New Hampshire, prominent Democrats as well as Republicans, know Lamontagne. Women like Nancy Formella, former head of Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, and former House Speaker Donna Sytek, along with state Board of Education members who have served with him, have been outraged by the attacks.
Meanwhile, Lamontagne has kept his cool and focused on the real issues - jobs and the economy - and he is determined to use his business expertise and positive outlook to help New Hampshire out of its fiscal hole and restore its business-friendly advantage. New Hampshire is fortunate that he has stepped forward.
The choices are clear, and important. Please make yours count.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 7
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 35
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 12
- Paying for Medicaid: How will NH do it? - 42
- Into the woods: With knowledge and tools - 3
- Derry's brand: It is not 'Space Town USA' - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's