Four boys soccer finals set today
Four high school NHIAA boys' soccer tournament championship games, originally slated to be played today at Southern New Hampshire University, will instead by contested at Bill Ball Stadim at Exeter high School.
The switch was necessitated because the SNHU women's soccer team is hosting the NE-10 championship game at 1 p.m. against Adelphi University.
At noon, Manchester's Derryfield School, the second seed in Division IV, brings a 17-2 record into the title contest against top-ranked Lisbon (19-0).
In Division III, undefeated and top-seeded Belmont (19-0) faces its final challenge against Bow at 2:15 p.m. Bow is the third seed and features a potent offense. However, the Red Raiders have surrendered just seven goals this season.
At 4:30 p.m., the Division II title game will feature No. 1 Hollis/Brookline and No. 2 Windham. The Cavaliers are riding a nine-game winning streak while the Jaguars' stingy defense has allowed only nine goals.
The D-I championship game gets under way under the lights at 6:45 p.m. Third-seed Hanover sports a balanced lineup that has produced 71 goals and given up nine. No. 4 Manchester Central is the defending champion.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester