Four boys soccer finals set today
Four high school NHIAA boys' soccer tournament championship games, originally slated to be played today at Southern New Hampshire University, will instead by contested at Bill Ball Stadim at Exeter high School.
The switch was necessitated because the SNHU women's soccer team is hosting the NE-10 championship game at 1 p.m. against Adelphi University.
At noon, Manchester's Derryfield School, the second seed in Division IV, brings a 17-2 record into the title contest against top-ranked Lisbon (19-0).
In Division III, undefeated and top-seeded Belmont (19-0) faces its final challenge against Bow at 2:15 p.m. Bow is the third seed and features a potent offense. However, the Red Raiders have surrendered just seven goals this season.
At 4:30 p.m., the Division II title game will feature No. 1 Hollis/Brookline and No. 2 Windham. The Cavaliers are riding a nine-game winning streak while the Jaguars' stingy defense has allowed only nine goals.
The D-I championship game gets under way under the lights at 6:45 p.m. Third-seed Hanover sports a balanced lineup that has produced 71 goals and given up nine. No. 4 Manchester Central is the defending champion.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 6
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
2 dead in I-89 collision in Lebanon
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans