Missing Portsmouth hunter found in Barrington woods
BARRINGTON - State Fish and Game conservation officers found a missing hunter Saturday evening in Barrington, hours after the man got lost.
Chad Lynn, 45, of Portsmouth, went deer hunting with his muzzleloader rifle off Route 125 on Saturday afternoon, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials. As darkness fell, Lynn became disoriented in the thick wooded undercover.
New Hampshire Fish and Game and the Barrington Police Department were notified around 7 p.m. that Lynn had called 911 for help from his cell phone.
Using coordinates provided from the 911 call, conservation officers and Barrington police found Lynn approximately a half mile from his vehicle at 8:28 p.m.
According to conservation officer Justin Ferland, Lynn was wearing warm clothing and he was uninjured.
Personnel from the Barrington Fire Department also responded to assist with the search effort.
Fish and Game officials remind hunters to prepare for the unexpected by carrying essentials such as food, water, flashlights, a map and a compass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pianist Sean Chen to lead concert, master class at Philips Exeter Academy - 0
- Oil paintings, mixed-media featured in new exhibit - 0
- Pastel Society opens sixth annual juried exhibit - 0
- Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen - 1
- George Benson pays jazzy tribute to genre pioneer Nat King Cole - 0
- Aardvark Jazz Orchestra conjures big-band era in Claremont show - 0
- PSU Symphonic Band gets a new start with contemporary wind, band works - 0
- Be city official, concerned citizen for a night - 0
- Dartmouth alum returns to campus with 'Laggies' - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see Ani DiFranco
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen