Missing Portsmouth hunter found in Barrington woods
BARRINGTON - State Fish and Game conservation officers found a missing hunter Saturday evening in Barrington, hours after the man got lost.
Chad Lynn, 45, of Portsmouth, went deer hunting with his muzzleloader rifle off Route 125 on Saturday afternoon, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials. As darkness fell, Lynn became disoriented in the thick wooded undercover.
New Hampshire Fish and Game and the Barrington Police Department were notified around 7 p.m. that Lynn had called 911 for help from his cell phone.
Using coordinates provided from the 911 call, conservation officers and Barrington police found Lynn approximately a half mile from his vehicle at 8:28 p.m.
According to conservation officer Justin Ferland, Lynn was wearing warm clothing and he was uninjured.
Personnel from the Barrington Fire Department also responded to assist with the search effort.
Fish and Game officials remind hunters to prepare for the unexpected by carrying essentials such as food, water, flashlights, a map and a compass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Bison NH baseball 38+ champs for 2014 - 0
- NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26 - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Orioles, catbirds, robins line up for grape jelly - 0
- Bedford man accused of sexually assaulting 2 children - 0
- Londonderry firefighters on mission to make sure children won’t be cold - 0
- Salem considers legal action over damaged school gym floor at Lancaster Elementary - 0
- Great NH Restaurants to expand its charitable efforts with FEEDNH.org - 0
- Win tickets to see Steven Wright - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test