Missing Portsmouth hunter found in Barrington woods
Chad Lynn, 45, of Portsmouth, went deer hunting with his muzzleloader rifle off Route 125 on Saturday afternoon, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game officials. As darkness fell, Lynn became disoriented in the thick wooded undercover.
New Hampshire Fish and Game and the Barrington Police Department were notified around 7 p.m. that Lynn had called 911 for help from his cell phone.
Using coordinates provided from the 911 call, conservation officers and Barrington police found Lynn approximately a half mile from his vehicle at 8:28 p.m.
According to conservation officer Justin Ferland, Lynn was wearing warm clothing and he was uninjured.
Personnel from the Barrington Fire Department also responded to assist with the search effort.
Fish and Game officials remind hunters to prepare for the unexpected by carrying essentials such as food, water, flashlights, a map and a compass.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.