Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Candia couple charged with allowing minor to grow pot in their basement
CANDIA - A local couple and an unnamed juvenile have been have been arrested and charged with felonies after approximately 30 marijuana plants were found in the basement of their Raymond Road home.
Michael and Denise Smith, 42 and 34 respectively, have been charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor and one count of criminal liability as accomplices to manufacturing a controlled substance.
The relationship of the Smiths to the minor has not been confirmed by Candia police, but it appears that they allowed the individual to cultivate the marijuana in the basement of their home, providing “shelter and electricity,” according to the official complaint.
The Smiths were released from Rockingham County jail on $5000 personal recognizance bond, and will appear before the 10th Circuit Court in Candia on November 7 at 9:15 am. The legal status of the minor is unclear at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus