Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Allenstown teacher charged with assault on student
Bernard Ouellette, a 67-year-old French teacher at Armand R. Dupont Middle School in Allenstown, has been charged with simple assault after allegedly putting his hands around a female student's throat.
The victim has not been named, but Allenstown police said the girl was not injured in the Oct. 23 incident.
"Teachers can use force in the classroom to discipline a student, or prevent themselves or another from being assaulted, but that was not what occurred in this case," Allenstown Police Chief Shaun Mulholland said. "It was none of those exceptions that allow a teacher to use force."
Ouellette has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence without pay. He has worked at the middle school of 124 students since September 2005.
According to the school district's website, he also teaches French at Allenstown Elementary.
The Allenstown School District responded to the incident in a written statement: "The safety and educational well-being of our students is of paramount importance to the district. The administration is taking steps to cover his classes during this period and will communicate with parents as appropriate."
Ouellette will appear before the 6th Circuit Hooksett Division court on Dec. 4. He was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail. The charge is a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424