Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Allenstown teacher charged with assault on student
Bernard Ouellette, a 67-year-old French teacher at Armand R. Dupont Middle School in Allenstown, has been charged with simple assault after allegedly putting his hands around a female student's throat.
The victim has not been named, but Allenstown police said the girl was not injured in the Oct. 23 incident.
"Teachers can use force in the classroom to discipline a student, or prevent themselves or another from being assaulted, but that was not what occurred in this case," Allenstown Police Chief Shaun Mulholland said. "It was none of those exceptions that allow a teacher to use force."
Ouellette has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence without pay. He has worked at the middle school of 124 students since September 2005.
According to the school district's website, he also teaches French at Allenstown Elementary.
The Allenstown School District responded to the incident in a written statement: "The safety and educational well-being of our students is of paramount importance to the district. The administration is taking steps to cover his classes during this period and will communicate with parents as appropriate."
Ouellette will appear before the 6th Circuit Hooksett Division court on Dec. 4. He was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail. The charge is a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wintery weather doesn’t cut NH crime, but it can change it - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 1
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 1
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 4
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 4
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 1
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings