Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Allenstown teacher charged with assault on student
Bernard Ouellette, a 67-year-old French teacher at Armand R. Dupont Middle School in Allenstown, has been charged with simple assault after allegedly putting his hands around a female student's throat.
The victim has not been named, but Allenstown police said the girl was not injured in the Oct. 23 incident.
"Teachers can use force in the classroom to discipline a student, or prevent themselves or another from being assaulted, but that was not what occurred in this case," Allenstown Police Chief Shaun Mulholland said. "It was none of those exceptions that allow a teacher to use force."
Ouellette has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence without pay. He has worked at the middle school of 124 students since September 2005.
According to the school district's website, he also teaches French at Allenstown Elementary.
The Allenstown School District responded to the incident in a written statement: "The safety and educational well-being of our students is of paramount importance to the district. The administration is taking steps to cover his classes during this period and will communicate with parents as appropriate."
Ouellette will appear before the 6th Circuit Hooksett Division court on Dec. 4. He was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail. The charge is a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917