Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Allenstown teacher charged with assault on student
Bernard Ouellette, a 67-year-old French teacher at Armand R. Dupont Middle School in Allenstown, has been charged with simple assault after allegedly putting his hands around a female student's throat.
The victim has not been named, but Allenstown police said the girl was not injured in the Oct. 23 incident.
"Teachers can use force in the classroom to discipline a student, or prevent themselves or another from being assaulted, but that was not what occurred in this case," Allenstown Police Chief Shaun Mulholland said. "It was none of those exceptions that allow a teacher to use force."
Ouellette has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence without pay. He has worked at the middle school of 124 students since September 2005.
According to the school district's website, he also teaches French at Allenstown Elementary.
The Allenstown School District responded to the incident in a written statement: "The safety and educational well-being of our students is of paramount importance to the district. The administration is taking steps to cover his classes during this period and will communicate with parents as appropriate."
Ouellette will appear before the 6th Circuit Hooksett Division court on Dec. 4. He was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail. The charge is a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424