Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Allenstown teacher charged with assault on student
Bernard Ouellette, a 67-year-old French teacher at Armand R. Dupont Middle School in Allenstown, has been charged with simple assault after allegedly putting his hands around a female student's throat.
The victim has not been named, but Allenstown police said the girl was not injured in the Oct. 23 incident.
"Teachers can use force in the classroom to discipline a student, or prevent themselves or another from being assaulted, but that was not what occurred in this case," Allenstown Police Chief Shaun Mulholland said. "It was none of those exceptions that allow a teacher to use force."
Ouellette has been placed on an indefinite leave of absence without pay. He has worked at the middle school of 124 students since September 2005.
According to the school district's website, he also teaches French at Allenstown Elementary.
The Allenstown School District responded to the incident in a written statement: "The safety and educational well-being of our students is of paramount importance to the district. The administration is taking steps to cover his classes during this period and will communicate with parents as appropriate."
Ouellette will appear before the 6th Circuit Hooksett Division court on Dec. 4. He was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail. The charge is a misdemeanor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917