Polls close in Londonderry, with 400 waiting to register
LONDONDERRY - Though the polls at Londonderry High School closed at 8 p.m., results may take a bit longer than typical.
An estimated 400 voters remained in line to register at the time of the poll closure, with another five or so waiting to vote.
Fifteen minutes before the polls closed, 12,700 voters had passed through the polls. It's looking like this year's Londonderry voter turnout could be higher than the record turnout at the 2008 elections, where 13,205 residents voted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released