Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
Polls close in Londonderry, with 400 waiting to register
LONDONDERRY - Though the polls at Londonderry High School closed at 8 p.m., results may take a bit longer than typical.
An estimated 400 voters remained in line to register at the time of the poll closure, with another five or so waiting to vote.
Fifteen minutes before the polls closed, 12,700 voters had passed through the polls. It's looking like this year's Londonderry voter turnout could be higher than the record turnout at the 2008 elections, where 13,205 residents voted.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'