Tilton voter turnout heavy
TILTON – The voter turnout was heavy in Tilton, probably about 20 percent higher than at the last presidential election, town officials said.
About 200 people voted in the first hour, officials said.
By 4 p.m., 1,173 voters had cast their ballots.
Less than 20 people came without their IDs.
“We’ve had quite a few new people registering, and that’s always nice,” said Patricia Consentino, chair of the selectmen.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief