Gubernatorial candidate Ovide Lamontagne makes stop in Derry
Republican gubernatorial candidate Ovide Lamontagne, center, is joined by his wife Bettie and supporter Geoff Rallis outside the Derry polling location at Pinkerton Academy. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
DERRY - Republican gubernatorial candidate Ovide Lamontagne greeted supporters outside the polling location at Pinkerton Academy late this afternoon.
Lamontagne said he had already made stops at a number of locations throughout the state, including Salem, Nashua, Manchester, and Windham and was planning on heading to Londonderry after visiting Derry.
"I'm encouraged by the number of people getting out to vote," he said. "It's encouraging for us because turnout is key and bodes well for the candidates looking for real change."
Lamontagne supporter Geoff Rallis said he had been holding signs outside the polls all day.
"The turnout was very heavy to start the day and has started to pick up again," Rallis said as the after work voters began to roll in late in the afternoon.
Rallis said he was happy to support Lamontagne.
"He's a class act and a very nice guy who is respectful to everyone," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain