Volunteer walks in off the street to help Obama in Derry
Derry resident Arthur Reublinger signs up to volunteer on election day at the Obama for New Hampshire volunteer office on Rockingham Road as site location coordinator Robin Skudlarek looks on. (Adam Swift/Union Leader Correspondent)
DERRY - As the battle for New Hampshire's four electoral votes has hit its peak in the past several days, there has been a wide array of guests dropping into the Obama for New Hampshire office on Rockingham Road in Derry.
On Monday, Massachusetts Senator and 2004 Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry popped in unannounced to drop off some coffee and donuts and greet the volunteers.
On Tuesday, Derry resident Arthur Reublinger walked into the office to offer any help he could for the campaign, from driving voters to the polls to manning the phone banks.
Larry Furano, one of the site coordinators in the Derry office, said he was optimistic Obama would win in New Hampshire.
"Those four little votes mean a lot," he said.
In addition to the volunteers making phone calls, site coordinator Robin Skudlarek said there were many volunteers out canvasing for votes door to door.
"We've had people in from Massachusetts as well as a lot of locals canvasing," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax