Volunteer walks in off the street to help Obama in Derry
DERRY - As the battle for New Hampshire's four electoral votes has hit its peak in the past several days, there has been a wide array of guests dropping into the Obama for New Hampshire office on Rockingham Road in Derry.
On Monday, Massachusetts Senator and 2004 Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry popped in unannounced to drop off some coffee and donuts and greet the volunteers.
On Tuesday, Derry resident Arthur Reublinger walked into the office to offer any help he could for the campaign, from driving voters to the polls to manning the phone banks.
Larry Furano, one of the site coordinators in the Derry office, said he was optimistic Obama would win in New Hampshire.
"Those four little votes mean a lot," he said.
In addition to the volunteers making phone calls, site coordinator Robin Skudlarek said there were many volunteers out canvasing for votes door to door.
"We've had people in from Massachusetts as well as a lot of locals canvasing," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief