Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
RoseAnn Wofford is helped by three-year-old daughter Emma at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway in Derry. (ADAM SWIFT/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof