Home » News » Politics » Election 2014 Blog
Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
RoseAnn Wofford is helped by three-year-old daughter Emma at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway in Derry. (ADAM SWIFT/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- AG inspector assaulted while monitoring polls in Newmarket - 1
- Meredith turnout near 50 percent - 0
- Turnout could top 50 percent in Chester; no incidents reported - 0
- Warren voters go to the polls - 0
- Bedford expected to exceed state average for voter turnout - 0
- Steady turnout in Plaistow for election - 0
- Student voting down at the polls in Plymouth - 0
- Busy voting in Merrimack - 0
- Voter turnout steady in Derry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 11
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 3
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 1
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules