Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief