Home » News » Politics » Primary 2014 Blog
Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
RoseAnn Wofford is helped by three-year-old daughter Emma at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway in Derry. (ADAM SWIFT/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 2
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 3
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy