Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire