Phone lines buzzing at Republican volunteer office in Derry
DERRY - Derry Republican Town Committee chairman Jim Foley pointed to the one unused phone at the Republican volunteer office on West Broadway Tuesday.
"That's the only phone no one is using, and it's only because it isn't working," said Foley.
Elsewhere throughout the office, volunteers were busy placing last-minute calls to potential voters.
"For every volunteer in here, there are more out canvasing the streets," said Foley.
The atmosphere was positive in the office, as many of the volunteers had seen former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney deliver an election-eve speech in Manchester the night before.
"Last night was truly amazing," said Foley. "I was sitting in a section with a lot of politicos, and they were genuinely moved by the governor."
Foley said the office would continue humming throughout the day and night.
"We'll be here until the final vote is counted," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief