Brisk early turnout in Derry
DERRY - By late morning, there was a steady stream of voters in Derry, but polls were not as busy as in the early morning hours.
State Rep. Brian Chirichiello was out in front of the polling location at the Gilbert H. Hood Middle School, where he said he had definitely seen a slowdown in voters by later in the morning. There were short lines to receive ballots, but they were moving quickly.
Robin Skudlarek and Larry Furano, site location coordinators for the Obama for New Hampshire office on Rockingham Road, both said they had to wait in line for between 20 and 30 minutes when going to vote when the polls first opened this morning.
At Pinkerton Academy, where two of Derry's four districts were voting, lines were more consistent throughout the morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 4
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child